- Pdi - the professional development search engine
- Support programs for provisionally registered teachers, mentors, principals, casual relief teachers and teachers returning to work
- Overseas qualified teachers (Word - 1.95 MB)
- Forthcoming conferences and events
- The Digest provides a review of key messages from current research on particular topics.
- Inside Teaching is an online journal offering critical research findings, new ideas and hands-on practical application.
- Research discussions, a summary of current research around a featured theme
- Twilight Seminars to promote opportunities for discussion of education issues. Videorecordings and audiotapes for the seminars are available.
From November 2008 teachers have been required to declare that they have undertaken a defined quantity and scope of professional development activities when applying for renewal of registration. The quantity of professional development activities will be phased in until 2012 when teachers will be required to have undertaken 100 hours in the previous five years.
Teachers who renewed their registration at the end of 2007 need to keep records of their professional development activities from 2008, in preparation for the next five years period of renewal. Teachers applying for renewal of registration from November 2008 onwards will be required to declare their hours of professional development activities according to the phased implementation process (PDF - 26 KB).
Any records of professional development activities teachers keep will need to indicate:
- the date and type and hours of professional development activity
- the relationship between the standards of professional practice and the professional development activity
- whether the professional development activity provides access to research and knowledge sourced from outside the immediate school or work environment.
Back to top
The following information and pro formas are designed to assist record keeping for teachers who are renewing their registration. Teachers may also use school records of professional development activities, documentation associated with performance appraisal or other records of professional development activities.
Teachers as professional learners (Word - 148 KB)
Provides an understanding of the relationship between the standards, professional development activities and teacher practice in relation to the renewal of registration process
Reflecting on professional standards (Word - 38 KB)
A pro forma which allows teachers to reflect on their learning from individual professional development activities in relation to the standards of professional practice
Back to top